David A. Patton
David Patton is a Family Law Specialist as certified by The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, limiting his practice to family law exclusively. He heads the firm's family law practice.
Mr. Patton has 22 years experience as a trial lawyer, spending his early years focusing on insurance defense and plaintiff's personal injury cases. After co-founding Lonich & Patton in 1994, Mr. Patton developed the firm's family law practice. Since then, he has become one of Silicon Valley's top family law attorneys. Mr. Patton is a certified family law specialist. Only attorneys certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization may represent themselves as such.
To be certified by the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California, an attorney must:
- Be an active member in good standing of the State Bar of California
- Pass a comprehensive written examination covering California Family Law
- Have substantial experience in the field of Family Law
- Complete specified and State Bar approved legal education requirements applicable to the family law field
- Be favorably evaluated by judges and other attorneys concerning his or her knowledge, ability and experience in the practice of Family Law
A certified Family Law Specialist maintains and improves his or her knowledge and competence in the family law field regularly.
Mr. Patton delivers valuable trial experience and cost management to the firm's family law clients. He seeks settlement whenever possible. However, when a reasonable settlement cannot be reached, he draws upon his strong litigation and trial skills to obtain excellent results for his clients in court.
Mr. Patton was born in Oakland, California in 1960. He is a fifth generation resident of the State of California. Mr. Patton attended Skyline High School, where he was captain of the Skyline ski racing team. After graduating from high school, Mr. Patton attended the University of California at Berkeley. While at Berkeley, he spent a year in France where he attended the Political Science Institute branch of the Sorbonne in Paris. He was also president of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity. Mr. Patton graduated from Berkeley with two Bachelor of Arts degrees in 1983, and then attended Santa Clara University School of Law. While at Santa Clara University, he served as an editor of the Santa Clara Law Review. He also spent a summer working for a law firm in Singapore, and attending the University of Singapore Law School. Mr. Patton graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law in 1987.
When not at work, Mr. Patton enjoys participating in sporting activities, including ski racing, scuba diving, golf and volleyball, as well as attending Cal Bears football games. He also enjoys travel, and has traveled extensively throughout the United States and abroad.
Mr. Patton is a member of the Santa Clara County Bar Association, where he is a member of the family law section, and the State Bar of California. He is admitted to practice in all California Courts, including the Federal District Court and U.S. Court of Appeals. Mr. Patton has been appointed by the Santa Clara Superior Court to act as a judge pro-tem (volunteer judge) and arbitrator. He has acted as a private judge and mediator as well.
- Year Joined Organization
- Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Bar Admissions
- California, 1988
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Santa Clara University School of Law, Santa Clara, California, 1987
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Law Review: Santa Clara University School of Law, Editor
- University of California at Berkeley, Berkeley, California, 1983
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: International Business
- Major: French
- Professional Associations & Memberships
- Santa Clara Bar Association, Member
- State Bar of California, Member
- Northern California Fraud and Investigators Association, Member
- California Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Member
- Fraternities / Sororities
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon
1871 The Alameda, Ste. 475
San Jose, CA 95126
Phone: (408) 553-0801
Fax: (408) 553-0807 firstname.lastname@example.org
Where We Practice
Lonich & Patton, LLP handles matters for clients in northern California, especially San Jose and Silicon Valley. Our services are available to anyone within the following counties: Santa Clara, San Mateo, Alameda, Contra Costa, Santa Cruz, Monterey, and San Benito. For a full listing of areas where we practice, please click here.